I’m making some yummy Oreo Truffle Balls for Santa today! These are always a huge hit during the holidays (or really anytime of year 🙂 ) Here is my recipe…
- 1 (14 oz) package Oreo sandwich cookies
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese
- 1 (11.5 oz) bag Nestle Milk Chocolate Morsels
- festive sprinkles
- Use food processor to crush up the entire (even the white center) Oreo cookie into fine crumbs (this usually takes 6 rounds to blend the entire package)
- Soften 1 block of cream cheese (approx. 30-45 seconds in microwave)
- Combine melted cream cheese with crushed Oreos in a medium sized bowl
- Roll cookie mixture into approx. 40 small balls and place onto wax paper. (I use a flexible measuring spoon (tbs. size) to achieve a consistent size and easily pop the balls out onto the paper)
- Place in freezer for approx. 30 min. (this step is key for dipping!)
- Melt milk chocolate morsels in a double boiler and dip Oreo balls, topping each one with sprinkles (I do this in 2 or 3 stages to ensure smooth chocolate for dipping)
- Refrigerate to set the chocolate (approx. 15 min) and serve!
(photography by Katie Theis)
PS…this pretty silver serveware is from Target!
Merry Christmas Eve!