I saw this on Instagram and it got me thinking how we all have plenty of stuff.
So this Christmas I’m trying to celebrate the holiday season with meaningful gifts that give life to the people in my life through experiences. So whether its your family, friends, coworkers, or significant other, here are 10 thoughtful gift ideas to create experiences and togetherness…
1. Hand Written Letter…a few years ago my family gave our parents the gift of words of affirmation. We wrote them letters of memories, what we loved most about them and things we had learned from them over the years. It was really special…they absolutely loved it.
2. Home Cooked Meal…breakfast in bed, a gourmet dinner, or decorate Christmas cookies…just being in the kitchen together is fun plus you get to enjoy a yummy meal afterwards 🙂
3. A Christmas Concert…a Christmas tradition for my Dad and I has been to attend a Christmas concert together every year. It’s amazing to take time out of the busyness of the season and sit quietly for a couple of hours listening to holiday music.
4. Spa Day…couples massages aren’t just for couples! grab your mom or sister or bff and enjoy a day at the spa together
5. Photobook…from a vacation or maybe just this past year together. I’ve used both Shutterfly and Apple to create photobooks and they have turned out beautifully. I love looking through them year after year.
6. Christmas Movie Night…a box containing coffee mugs, hot chocolate, popcorn, candy, and fun Christmas themed movies such as Elf, Home Alone, or Christmas Vacation make for a festive family movie night at home together.
7. Cooking Class…a few years ago some of my girlfriends and I took a cooking class together and it was a blast!
8. Gift Certificate for Date Night…last year I gave both my brothers restaurant gift certificates so they could take their girlfriends out for a nice date night on the town
9. Explore a New City…For Christmas one year, my Mom took my brothers and I to Chicago. We went to fabulous restaurants, saw a show, toured museums, and shopped on Michigan Ave…it was magical and memorable.
10. Service Project…serve a meal at your local homeless shelter, volunteer at a nursing home, or plan to go on a mission trip…giving to those in need this time of year (and really year round) not only makes a difference in their life but in yours as well.