Taylor Swift’s 1989 album dropped last week (and has since gone platinum), inspiring me to discuss the star’s trademark look. In case you haven’t noticed, everyone’s favorite ex-girlfriend is never seen in public without her signature accessory…the classic red lip.
Red Lips are always in style and can glam up any look. They make a bold, yet timeless statement.
Here are my top red lip picks inspired by Miss Swift…
(from top left)
1. MAC Keepsakes – Red Lip Bag in Ruby Woo $39.50 found here
2. Christian Dior Dior Addict Gloss in Rouge Defendu $29.50 found here
3. Sephora Collection Ultra Shine Lip Gloss in Cherry Red $14 found here
4. Too Faced Lip Injection Color Bomb in Eastwood Red $21 found here
5. Taylor Swift 1989 Album Deluxe Edition $13.99 found here
6. NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl $25 found here
7. e.l.f. Essential Lipstick in Fearless $1 found here
8. Tarte Glamazon 12-hour Lipstick in Fierce $16 found here
9. Maybelline ColorSensational Lip Color Red Revival $7.29 found here
The key to choosing the right red lipstick is to go with a shade of red which compliments the natural undertones of your skin.
Traditionally, red lipstick comes in three categories: true red, red with hints of blue, and red with hints of orange. True red (7 & 8) works best with medium complexions. If you have fair skin and light eyes, you should go for a blue-hued (1, 3, 6, & 9) red lipstick, while darker complexions can pull off more orange-hued (2 & 4) red lipsticks.
While these are guidelines for choosing your go-to hue, red lipstick is best worn with confidence.
So go get “that red lip classic thing that you like…” because it never goes out of Style. Xo